The Logistics Association of Australia has launched the Leadership in Logistics Awards.
The first ceremony in what will become annual Awards series aims to recognise outstanding leadership contributions in logistcs and supply chain operations.
The inaugural awards night coincided with the LAA’a 25-Year Anniversary Dinner and annual general meeting, held at Customs House, Sydney on 28 September.
LAA national president Mike Owen opened the event, and ten awards were presented by Life Members Malcolm Priestley, Malcolm Walker and the recently awarded Kim Rothwell.
A summary of the winners is below. For a detialed list, please visit the LAA website: www.laa.asn.au.
- University Scholarship Winners for 2011: This year two scholarships of $2,500 each were granted to Chloe Scott, Griffith University and Tim Charlton, RMIT/Open Universities.
- Life Membership Award:
Kim Rothwell was awarded life membership for exceptional service to the LAA Ltd. He joined fellow Life Members Robert Lamb, Keith Campbell OAM, Malcolm Priestley, Malcolm Walker and Larry Smith.
Leadership in Logistics Awards — six awards in honour of life members
- Malcolm Priestley Leadership in Logistics Operations Environment Award: winner in the occupational health and safety (OH&S) and fatigue management category: Robotic Automation.
- Robert Lamb Leadership in Logistics Customer Support, Systems and Services Award: Winner in the category of logistics and supply chain operations customer support, system or process, methodology and services: Crown Forklifts.
- Malcolm Walker Leadership Innovation in Supply Chain Operations Award: winner in the innovation across any industry category: Derek O’Donnell, Victoria and Tasmania State Logistics Manager
- Kim Rothwell Leadership in Logistics Education Award: winner – Apics NSW
- Larry Smith Leadership in Technology Award (IT capability) across the Logistics and Supply Chain Industry: winner – GraysOnline
- Keith Campbell Leadership in Logistics Mentoring Award: winner – Luke Holmick, Elegant Knitting
LAA President’s Leadership Contribution Award
This award celebrates the efforts of an individual or company for overall membership participation, programs and events participation and volunteer support to advance the LAA’s mission and vision.
– Winner: CHEP Asia Pacific
Image: from the Logistics Association of Australia website