The countdown is on to the Retail Day at the GS1 Supply Chain Week as the event returns for its sixth year.
With less than two weeks to go, the event is being held at Doltone House Jones Bay Wharf in Pyrmont, Sydney on Wednesday 6 September, and at Sumac & Sketch, Central Pier at the Docklands in Melbourne on Wednesday 13 September.
Head of customer engagement & business development at GS1 Australia Marcel Sieira said: “This event is bringing together industry experts and influencers who will share their experiences across a wide range of topics including evolving retail technologies, online marketplaces, RFID, inventory visibility for omni-channel effectiveness, and the future of Australian retail.”
Hosted by GS1 Australia, the retail program promises to deliver an interactive learning experience for supply chain professionals, operations and digital managers to explore the role GS1 standards can play to drive business efficiencies and reduce costs while meeting today’s supply chain challenges.
GS1 Australia’s head of marketing & training solutions Richard Jones said: “If you work in the retail sector, this event is an ideal opportunity to learn about the rapid changes in retail technology and the demands of the mobile consumer.”
A snapshot of some of the speakers and their topics includes:
- Pier Smulders, Business Development Director New Zealand at Alibaba Group – Alibaba driving opportunity with big data;
- Gareth Jude, Retail Industry Executive at Telstra – the potential of data to transform the retail supply chain;
- Gary Stones, National Retail Operations Manager at Myer – RFID technology is the key enabler of inventory accuracy;
- Kenta Sakakibara, Partner Management Lead, Ads/Commerce Partnership at Google – the power of GTINs in Google Shopping;
- Julianne Westaway, Director, Client Service at Nielsen – real growth is still possible in the Australian retail sector.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to network with sponsors of the event to explore how their solutions will enable the implementation of GS1 standards. Our sponsors include Stibo Systems, MessageXchange, SICK, DSI, Checkpoint Systems, Honeywell, Ivanti, Pacific Commerce, and Matthews Australasia.
Please join us to be part of this rewarding event where attendees will exchange knowledge and enjoy great networking opportunities. For registrations or further information, please visit the Food & Beverage Day website or contact Katya Saliba, Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9550 3476.