For the fifth consecutive year, Körber has been named Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Warehouse Management S*stems report. The team at the software supply chain company explain to MHD why this is the case.
Körber was recently named as Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Warehouse Management S*stems WMS report and has been Leader for the past consecutive five years.
To the software supply chain company, this recognition exemplifies the capabilities of its unmatched depth of technologies, spanning warehouse management, warehouse control, order management, robotics, voice, and simulation to empower global businesses to further digitise and automate warehouses in response to today’s extensive supply chain pressures.
Körber says it will continue to focus on strengthening its core WMS offerings while expanding its portfolio of solutions to truly be the end-to-end supply chain provider to support its global customers’ warehouse and ecommerce needs.
STRENGTHENING SUPPLY CHAINS
As supply chains become increasingly complex and digital but remain highly fragmented with a lack of technologies integrating the broader supply chain, Körber has taken a holistic approach to tackle these issues by integrating software and service and technology solutions that maximise customers’ RoI.
From factories to warehouses, distribution centres, transportation fleets, yards, and marine terminals, all the way to retailers and consumers, Körber’s all-encompassing suite of supply chain solutions is designed to help organisations optimise their logistics processes, as well as adapt them to the requirements of the evolving global supply chain.
The end results are improved efficiencies and increased productivity across the entire business.
“More than 86 per cent of companies recognise a strong supply chain is mission critical, and 71 per cent indicate that their supply chain complexity has grown over the last year,” says Chad Collins, CEO Software at Körber Supply Chain.
“We view our fifth consecutive placement as a Leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant ™ for Warehouse Management S*stems as another milestone on our journey to become the global supply chain software champion.
“Our suite of warehouse management, control and simulation software, order management, voice and robotics solutions enables companies to build agile, efficient, and sustainable supply chains. We help those who move goods, to do good.”
MEETING CONSUMER EXPECTATIONS
Körber’s solutions such as labour management, gamification, voice and robotics have all helped reduce labour challenges and improve efficiency.
By combining the K.Motion Warehouse Management S*stems with autonomous mobile robotics (AMR), the K.Motion Warehouse Control S*stem WCS, K.Sight CLASS, and voice, vision, and mobility systems, businesses have the technology at their fingertips to revolutionise the end-to-end supply chain – from source to doorstep delivery.
Körber never stops moving onward and upward, through enhancements to its suite of warehouse management and control solutions, advancements in its robotics offerings, increased usage of gamification across its solutions, and expansion of its end-to-end suite through the addition of new products and solutions.
As companies today focus simply on trying to meet consumer expectations, effective supply chain technology plays a sizeable role. Körber’s WMS products make all this possible by encompassing the unique needs of small businesses, global enterprises, and third-party logistics providers, all driving to meet end consumer expectations.
Some of these examples include:
- Officeworks: Since 2021, the retailer of office products, stationery, services, and solutions has been using Körber’s Warehouse Management S*stem WMS, enabling it to rapidly increase its operations, as well as deploying Körber’s Autonomous Mobile Robots AMRs and sortation robots to help with picking across 25,000 stock keeping units SKUs and significantly reducing downtime.
- Adore Beauty: Australia’s first online beauty retailer, implementing Körber’s Warehouse Management S*stem WMS to meet the rising customer’s demand and lead the way in sustainable fulfilment with reduced cardboard usage and improved operational efficiency.
- Raymour & Flanigan: US family-owned furniture and mattress retailer partners with Körber’s Warehouse Management S*stem WMS to drive efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Boxy: Hungary-based 3PL startup collaborates with Körber to enhance warehouse and shipping capabilities powered by Körber’s WMS, Shipping and Dispatch System SDS and Unified Control System UCS to manage all automation in Budapest distribution centre.
- REWE International: Austrian food and pharmacy retailer deploying Körber’s WMS to optimise a complex process landscape, bringing maximum flexibility to meet the industry’s multi-layered demands.
- Parts Town: American food service equipment parts distributor collaborates with Körber’s WMS to increase speed and improve accuracy during its rapid growth.
“Businesses need a partner offering the technology and support necessary to develop a solution tailored to their unique needs,” explains Sean Elliott, EVP and CTO Software at Körber Business Area Supply Chain.
“The pandemic, regulatory environments, and heightening consumer expectations have forever altered the supply chain industry. At Körber, we are committed to offering and continuously enhancing our unrivalled depth of solutions and dedicated services that differentiate us and our customers. For us, this recognition as a Leader confirms our commitment to helping companies with their complex supply chain challenges.”
* Source: Gartner®, “2023 Magic Quadrant™ for Warehouse Management S*stems,” Simon Tunstall, Dwight Klappich and Rishabh Narang, May 8, 2023.
GARTNER® is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner® and Magic Quadrant™ is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc.® and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner® does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner® research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s® research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner® disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
For more information on Körber, click here.