Guests attending the Australian Freight Industry Awards this Saturday will be treated like stars, with the red-carpet being rolled-out to welcome them, ahead of being photographed in front of some very special vintage cars in the grand foyer of Crown Melbourne.
“In what we understand to be [a] first for any event at Crown, the classic cars have been brought indoors for the freight industry’s ‘night of nights’, with guests served refreshments on arrival before making their way upstairs to the Palladium,” says VTA CEO Peter Anderson. “This is just one of a few firsts we’ve managed to negotiate with Crown for this year’s Gala Presentation, with other vehicles on show upstairs and one or two other surprises to be unveiled on the night.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming hundreds of members, associate members and guests from operator and supplier companies, and other industry stakeholders for a celebration of the transport industry and the achievements of our award winners and finalists,” Peter says.
More than 50 Australian Freight Industry Award nominations have been received this year across the following categories:
- Female Leadership Award sponsored by Viva Energy Australia;
- Investment in People Award sponsored by Logical Staffing Solutions;
- Application of Technology Award sponsored by Transport Certification Australia;
- Young Achiever Award sponsored by Daimler Truck Australia Pacific;
- Best Practice Safety Award sponsored by Gallagher;
- Sustainable Environment Award sponsored by National Transport Insurance; and
- Personality of the Year Award sponsored by CMV Truck & Bus.
“A special thank you to our event sponsors TWUSUPER and Viva Energy Australia, as well as our category award sponsors, for their terrific support and for making this celebration possible,” Peter says.
If you haven’t yet registered for a ticket or table to one of the truly great nights on the transport industry’s calendar, there is still very limited time to register. To secure your place with us visit www.afiawards.com.au and for any questions about the awards and gala presentation please contact the VTA on 03 9646 8590.