The Victorian Transport Association (VTA) held the 33rd Australian Freight Industry Awards (AFIAs) on Saturday September 2 at Melbourne Crown’s Palladium Room where Australia’s freight and logistics industry was honoured.
It notes hundreds attended the evening in what was a black-tie Gala Presentation with TWUSUPER and Viva Energy Australia sponsoring the awards again. The VTA thanks them for their generous ongoing support.
“It was a pleasure to host dignitaries from state and federal governments, along with VTA life members, councillors, and hundreds of VTA members, associate members, and transport industry operators and suppliers,” says VTA CEO Peter Anderson.
“We are incredibly proud of the achievements of all our award winners, finalist, and nominees.”
Master of Ceremonies Livinia Nixon hosted the awards segment, entering the Crown Palladium Room on a Harley Davidson ‘Fatboy’ to a Grease musical medley by musicians Furnace and the Fundamentals, complementing and setting the scene for the 1950s theme of the evening.
According to the VTA, the industry responded with enthusiasm to the call for submissions, with judges assessing a record number of applications, with finalists shortlisted across a range of categories.
The AFIA Committee extended its sincere congratulations to every winner and finalist with Awards Chairman and VTA President Mike Lean saying the committee looks forward to building on the success of this outstanding event for many years to come.
“On behalf of the Executive Council, may I add our congratulations to tonight’s award winners, and extend our thanks to every organisation that submitted a nomination,” Mike adds.
“Setting another new record for entries is a tribute to the operators, suppliers and individuals who give so much, and continually strive for best practice in what they do and achieve.”
List of AFIA winners:
- Kevin Halpin, Personality of the Year Award – sponsored by CMV Truck & Bus
- Katharina Attana of Tasman Logistics Services, Female Leadership Award – sponsored by Viva Energy Australia
- Melissa Scerri of Victoria International Container Terminal, Young Achiever of the Year Award – sponsored by Daimler Truck & Bus
- Hyzon Motors, Sustainable Environment Award – sponsored by National Transport Insurance
- iTrazo Tracetech, Application of Technology Award – sponsored by Transport Certification Australia
- Linfox, Best Practice Safety Award – sponsored by Gallagher
- CMV Truck & Bus, Investment in People Award – sponsored by Logical Staffing Solutions
The Australian Freight Industry Awards will return in 2024.
For more information on the Victorian Transport Association, click here.